Monday, February 21, 2011

Online Class on the Continent of Africa


It's been a year since I've posted anything, but since I've visited the "Motherland", Africa is never too far away. I've started an online class at Wayne State University and this time it is studying the continent of Africa.

I'm fortunate to have some perspective from my visit to Mozambique. At least I can dispel some of my own stereotypes that were passed along to me as a young girl through the media, both television and history lessons in school.

One of our assignments was to create a blog for our class. I had created one and thought, "why throw the baby out with the bathwater?" This blog is valuable in its connections to my classmates perspectives of the country (see the links available). I also spent time studying about the country and would like to share what I did learn while studying democracy in the country.

So, here we go....back to Mozambique (via multimedia that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment